Metallic Hydraulic Oscillator (Agitator)
We have become a first-class manufacturer of down hole drilling motor in China from material selection, engineering technology and quality assurance.
The hydraulic oscillator is designed to reduce well-bore drag force and improve transfer of WOB efficiently. The power section is made of metal materials, no rubber components are used in the manufacturing of the body. The tool can be widely used in various drilling conditions such as high temperature well, oil-based mud and saline formations, which are not suitable for conventional tools. And it specially fits for horizontal well and extended reach well. It can work with MWD, mud motor and any other bits at the same time.
It mainly consists of following sections: back-off system (BOS), rotary valves, drive part, pressure sensing part and vibration part.
- Drive part uses low-speed and large-aperture turbine or rotary cam (The design of flowing hole is large and complying with clockwise).
- Short concussion provides 3-15mm space for drilling tools peristalsis. And the drill’s peristalsis in high frequency can help to ease back pressure. Rotary valve produces a periodic hydraulic impact by changing the flowing area.
- BOS can control and increase the impact effectively and reduce the pressure drop and solve problems of tool’s lose efficacy.
- Our patent has integrate vibration section, so there is No Need to use shock tools during operation.
Comparison of Performance
Metallic Hydraulic Oscillator
Life of Power Assembly
Whether has rubber
Special Condition Limits
Can barely work
Features and Advantages
- Low Speed Turbine with large aperture or rotatory cam is built as power section, being more stable and adaptable than conventional rotary screw power, allowing larger particles and sharp impurity passing through.
- Overall length of the tool is only 3.2m, easy for assembly on site, test and transportation.
- No rubber components with the risk of chunking off, prevents detached particles from blocking off pulser and eliminating risk of inability of mud circulation.
- Designed for high temperature, high pressured, saline and oil based well.
- The pressure drop is ranged at 0.8-1.5MPa, which is equivalent to 1/3-1/2 of comparable tools with minimum reduction of drilling displacement in drill string. It is effective in achieving higher ROP and resolving differential stick slip problem.
Drilling Depth (m)
Pure Drilling Tims (h)
Shale Gas Well X1-HF
The mostly used sizes are 127mm and 172mm. Technical parameters are as below.
Oscillating Force (KN)